Photonics North 2020 is an IEEE sponsored conference
Photonics North 2020 is an IEEE sponsored conference. After many requests from past Photonics North participants, the conference has once again secured technical sponsorship from the IEEE Photonics Society. As a result, Photonics North also gained access to publish with the IEEE. The Photonics North committee will do its utmost to maintain the conference quality and have the one-page conference abstracts published through IEEE Xplore as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases.
The one-page abstract complied with IEEE format is all you have to submit. The conference does not plan to publish a full-length paperbased proceedings. This would allow the authors to submit a full-length paper elsewhere and with any journal before or after the conference. Please note that only those papers accepted by the conference review committee will be included in the conference proceedings. For both oral and poster presentations, papers must be presented by at least one of the authors of the paper. Those papers whose author failed to register and present at the conference will be removed from publication with the IEEE.
How to submit an abstract - Closed
Manuscript Templates Process
- Authors must submit their abstracts online through the paper submission system ;
- Abstracts must be submitted according to the instructions below to nsure abstracts will be readable through the online review system and adhere to IEEE publication policies ;
- Abstracts submitted are reviewed by experts selected by the conference committee for their demonstrated knowledge of particular topics. Authors will be notified of the review results by email.
If your paper is accepted, it will be assigned to either a lecture session or a poster session. Prepare your presentation accordingly, following the guidelines below. The author request for an oral or poster presentation is taken into consideration but the final decision to place a paper in lecture or poster session rests with the evaluation committee.
Abstracts may be no longer than 1 page, including all text, figures, and references. Please note that after the submission deadline the list and the order of the authors cannot be modified, and must remain unchanged in the final version of the manuscript.
Photonics North requires that each accepted paper be presented by one of the authors’ in-person at the conference site according to the schedule published. Presentation by anyone else than one of the co-authors (proxies, video or remote cast) is not allowed, unless explicitly approved before the conference by the technical co-chairs. One of the authors must register for the conference and must register before the author registration deadline. Failure to do so will result in automatic withdrawal of the paper from BOTH the conference program and proceedings archived on IEEE Xplore.
For posters, one author must be present at the poster during the entire duration of the session.
File (Container) Format
The review process will be performed from the electronic submission of your paper. To ensure that your document is compatible with the review system and Proceedings system, you MUST adhere to the following requirements. Papers must be submitted in Adobe's Portable Document Format (PDF) and must strictly adhere to the IEEE Requirements for PDF Documents v3.2. These requirements mandate that your files:
- Must have ALL FONTS EMBEDDED and SUBSETTED. Font embedding is the primary cause of IEEE Xplore-incompatibility. Refer to your PDF file generation documentation to find out how to embed and subset fonts. The tool kit above provides instructions on how to verify font embedding and subsetting ;
- Must NOT have Adobe Document Protection or Document Security enabled ;
- Must NOT be password-protected ;
- Must be 'US Letter' ;
- Does not contain hyperlinks ;
- Have monochrome images down-sampled at 600 dpi, grayscale & color images at 300 dpi.
File Size Limit
Authors will be permitted to submit files weighing up to 10 MB.
When submitting your paper, the online submission system will ask you to rename your file with a specific name that will be given to you at that time. Please strictly comply with this instruction. Once again, please note that only PDF files will be accepted.
English is the official language of the conference. As a result, all papers must be entirely submitted (and presented) in English.
Documents should be formatted for standard US Letter. Any text or other material outside the margins specified below will not be accepted. The following margins are valid for BOTH paper formats :
- All text and figures must be contained in a 178 mm x 229 mm (7” x 9”) area ;
- Left/Right margins must be set at 1,57 cm (0.62”) ;
- Top margin must be set at 1,9 cm (0.75”) ;
- Text should preferably appear in two columns, each 86 mm (3.39”) wide with 6 mm (0.24”) spacing between columns.
We can also accept 1 column abstracts ;
- On first paragraph, the top 50 mm (2") of both columns is reserved for the title, author(s), and affiliation(s). These items should be centered across both columns, starting at 35 mm (1.375”) from the top of the page ;
- The paper abstract should appear at the top of the left-hand column of text, about 12 mm (0.5") below the title area and no more than 80 mm (3.125") in length. Leave 12 mm (0.5 ») of space between the end of the abstract and the beginning of the main text.
To achieve the best viewing experience for the review process and conference proceedings, we strongly encourage authors to use Times-Roman or Computer Modern fonts. If a font face is used that is not recognized by the submission system, your document will not be reproduced correctly.
Use a font size that is no smaller than 9 points throughout the paper, including figure captions. In 9-point type font, capital letters are 2 mm high. For 9-point type font, there should be no more than 3.2 lines/cm (8 lines/inch) vertically. This is a minimum spacing; 2.75 lines/cm (7 lines/inch) will make the proposal much more readable. Larger type sizes require correspondingly larger vertical spacing.
The paper title must appear in boldface letters. Do not use LaTeX math notation ($x_y$) in the title.
The title must be representable in the Unicode character set. Lastly, try to avoid uncommon acronyms in the title.
The authors' name(s) and affiliation(s) appear below the title in capital and lower case letters. Photonics North does not perform blind reviews, so be sure to include the author list in your submitted paper. Papers with multiple authors and affiliations may require two or more lines for this information. The order of the authors on the document should exactly match in number and order the authors typed into the online submission form.
Submission and review
When you have your document file ready, gather the following information before entering the submission system:
- Document file in PDF ;
- Affiliation, email address, and mailing address for each author ;
- Paper title ;
- Text file containing paper-abstract in text format (for copying and pasting into webpage form).
Questions concerning the paper-submission process should be addressed to email@example.com. Please include your paper number(s) and title(s) on all correspondence.